Labels

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

NYSE short interest ratio is 7.4 apparently. Range is 3.5-7.5. Accordingly, the market rallies on relentlessly. Saw obscene upticks in CMG and MA. ($9 and $14+), both stocks I have owned previously and sold due to valuation considerations ;) Don't have any ideas so still 40% in cash. Iam wondering who these people are, the ones buying so much. Maybe it is smart money after all. Apparently, the last time the Dow declined in 2 of 21 trading days was in 1929.
Of course, I may be just feeling left out ;)

From James Stewart in SmartMoney :

Repeat after me : Markets do not go straight up. I've had to remind people of this in recent years with respect to real estate, oil, and now stocks. The average rally since 1979 has been 50%. But I never buy stocks when the market hits a new all-time high. I don't even like to buy on a day when the market rises. I like to buy into rampant pessimism. I've had to get a very firm grip and remind myself that there will be another correction, or at least a significant buying opportunity, as there was as recently as February. Patience is an underrated virtue in investing. Like most good things, this rally won't last forever.