Labels

Thursday, March 23, 2006

I finally found the AWESOMEST tool to calculate the return of my portfolio. I had been losing a lot of sleep over this and was trying to figure out whether I should even keep actively investing at all or just leave it all (the meagre all ;) in index funds... But all my doubts are resolved for now!!!

Anyway this absolutely sublime tool is called XIRR. A nice description of it is at :
http://www.fool.com/ddow/1998/ddow980227.htm

Over the past 3 years, my return was 18.2% . Its probably not the best and have been very lucky so far and it may go down from now on, but still is encouraging enough to continue to invest myself. :)

Am so incredibly happy. Love XIRR and finally see the point of Excel.

Jim Cramer apparently mentioned SVI last night, had exchanged emails with someone at NBC about the possibility of calling and speaking to him about it on air. On balance Iam glad they didn't call, not sure if I would have managed to sound loud and hearty convincingly.