Labels

Saturday, August 10, 2013

From "http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/4211-business-profile-warren-buffett.html"

"You can have the greatest goals in the world," he said, "but if you have the wrong people running it, it isn’t going to work. On the other hand, if you’ve got the right person running it, almost anything is possible."

-When his first child was born, he turned a dresser drawer into the baby's bassinet and borrowed a crib for the second child. Not one for fancy cars, Buffett drove a Volkswagen until his wife upgraded him to a Lincoln Towncar. 

-"I'm happy there," he said. "I'd move if I thought I'd be happier someplace else. How would I improve my life by having 10 houses around the globe? I'm warm in the winter; I'm cool in the summer. It's convenient for me."

-"I try to buy stock in businesses that are so wonderful that an idiot can run them. Because sooner or later, one will."