Labels

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Success is having people love you that you want to have love you. - Buffett

It takes 20 years to build a repuatation and 5 minutes to ruin it. think about that and you'll do things differently.

What I'll do is form a partnership where I'll manage the portfolio and have my money in there with you. I'll guarantee you a 5% return, and I;ll get 20% of all profits after that. And i won't tell you what I own because that's distracting. All I want to do is hand in a scorecard when I come off the golf course.

There simply aren't enough saints available to staff a large institution that requires its members to voluntarily act against their own well-being.

The market is there only as a reference point to see if anybody is offering to do anything foolish. Charlie and I never have an opinion on the market because it might interfere with the opinions we have that are good.